Our Regional Hubs Plan
The new LHC framework provides a unique opportunity for the public sector to directly procure modular offsite housing via a fully audited framework. The market potential is huge – running into the billions. Volumetric housing supply at only 5% of the currently envisaged annual UK requirement would be circa 10,000 units annually, and represent a potential factory value circa £500 million.
• It is estimated that there is an annual demand for around 250,000 affordable houses
• Most councils need to provide at least 1,000 homes
• A typical scheme to deliver 1,000 homes will cost at least £100 Million – Turnkey at an average of £100,000/house
• A factory capable of manufacturing 250 – 400 homes a year would employ 80 – 100 local people. This would create a business hub for the benefit of the whole community
• The supply chain would be kept local or would be attracted into the area creating more jobs and occupy empty factories/retail units
• The housing would be delivered faster – weeks rather than months
• Environmental impact is much lower
• Housing quality is much higher owing to ISO900 controlled factory conditions
• Homes are constructed using better construction materials and methods
• Energy costs are lower due to more efficient thermal properties
• We deliver a fabric first code 4 home for the cost of a traditionally built code 3 home
• More people employed means more taxes. More homes mean more council tax
• The funds used for the scheme can be kept within the local community
The New Homes Framework (NH1) allows any public sector organisations such as councils or housing associations the ability to procure offsite manufactured housing products without the need for OJEU.
LHC is a leading not-for-profit public sector purchasing consortium that provides best value procurement solutions for the refurbishment, retrofit and maintenance of social housing, schools and other public sector buildings in England, Wales and Scotland.
Procurement under the NH1 Framework is divided into eight geographical regions covering the whole of England and Wales. F1 Modular is the only company appointed by LHC to supply volumetric offsite products in all eight regions.